Besser mit Sprachen (Better with languages) – that's what ZEIT SPRACHEN stands for, with its six successful language magazines – Adesso, Business Spotlight, Deutsch perfect, Ecos, écoute and Spotlight – as well as its digital language-learning platform, zeit-sprachen.de. With us, you will become part of a culture that draws on variety and diversification for new ideas and innovation. Enjoyable and challenging work, and many opportunities to get involved, are a hallmark of our working culture. As an employee of our company in Munich, you will be part of one of the most renowned media companies in Germany: the ZEIT publishing group.
Our ZEIT SPRACHEN team of around 80 employees in Munich and Hamburg is characterised by a friendly, creative and international atmosphere. We are looking for an editor (m/f/d) for the Spotlight editorial team from 1 April 2024, who would like to support the further development of our magazine in print, digital and audio. The position is a full-time one, in the editorial department in Munich.
- Working together with your colleagues in the Spotlight editorial team, you will develop cross-media topics for our magazine in print, digital and audio. You will implement these topics independently or commission freelance authors or correspondents.
- You will edit journalistic and didactic texts for Spotlight magazine, our audio trainer and the exercise booklet. You will ensure that the content is graded according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- As a speaker, you will be involved in our audio productions.
- You will communicate our editorial topics via social media and newsletters to attract and retain readers.
- You will manage a network of freelance authors and international correspondents.
- You will be involved in the ongoing conceptual and content development of Spotlight in print, digital and audio. The evaluation of reader and user feedback, and the use of analytics data, are a matter of course for you.
- You are a native English speaker and have a good command of German.
- You have successfully completed a degree in languages/journalism and/or have several years of experience as an editor at an English-language magazine, newspaper or online journalistic medium.
- You have experience in researching, writing and editing texts in English, and attach great importance to linguistic accuracy.
- Ideally, you have experience of communicating English to German-speaking target groups in print, digital and audio.
- Word/Excel/InCopy/InDesign are part of your everyday working life. Experience with the content management system Interred is an advantage.
- You are interested in new technologies, for example, in the field of artificial intelligence, in order to make them usable in everyday journalistic work.
- You feel confident in publicly presenting (and representing) the Spotlight editorial team.
- You work quickly and precisely, meet deadlines reliably and are a team player.
- Product diversity: We love our products, which is why our publications, printed and digital, events and media offers are available to you free of charge. You can also shop in the ZEIT Shop at employee conditions.
- Networking and further development: You are important to us, which is why we offer all employees excellent opportunities within our publishing group. Take advantage of our internal mentoring programme or the ZEIT Akademie webinars, for example. There is also a large selection of e-learning programmes.
- Individual support: The holistic support programme "Employee Assistance Programme" offers you fast and effective help with professional and private issues - even in special crisis situations.
- Benefits: Whether corporate benefits, Urban Sports, Ticket Sprinter, magazine and newspaper subscriptions – take advantage of the many discounts for sports, festivals, museums, theatre, products and conferences.
You can find first insights on LinkedIn as well as on XING or on our ZEIT careers page: ZEIT Karriereseite
As long as this position is visible on the careers page, you are welcome to apply for it in English – there is no application deadline. You can find more answers about our application process in our FAQ .
The ZEIT publishing group is an employer that stands for equal opportunities and respectful treatment. We are committed to fair employment opportunities regardless of ethnic or social origin, gender, religion, ideology, age, sexual identity or disability. Our constant goal is to create an appreciative and recognising working environment for all employees.
Jetzt bewerben weitere Jobs